Hello September, bye August | Blogging
It seems that time has gone by so fast: it’s September today! This means the real summer is ‘over’, although September can have many warm days. To me, it feels a bit like fall, because the sun has less hours on a day, and it’s getting dark earlier. Can’t get used to that, really. Today we’ll review the month of August, personally and concerning my blog, and we will look what September will do.
Let’s start with the top 3 blog posts of August. Last month everybody in blog land was talking about the fact that there less visitors coming to their blog, but for me that was not the case. In fact, my blog grew this month! I am quite proud of that :-). My ‘my week in photos‘ posts are always well-visited, and I leave them out of the top 3:
- 9 dingen die je kunt doen als het regent in de zomer | DIY
- Tea to loose weight, does that work?
I made some changes to my blog in August, for example the fact that I am blogging in English as well. Consequence of that is that not all my blog posts are in English yet, so for this top 3 there are only 2 posts in English. Sorry for that.
I have to say I’m very pleased by the fact that the post about crocheting a polaroid camera is number 1 this month. It is an article that I’m very excited about. I absolutely loved these kinds of photo’s on Pinterest, but wasn’t able to find a pattern myself. So when Margot told me she made a pattern, you can image how happy is was. I crocheted one myself, but it has to be put together, it’s not done yet.
1 second every day
Last month I downloaded a really great app, called 1 second every day. You have to film a piece of your day, every day, and you can use 1 (or 1,5) second of that. And then after a choosen amount of time (a month or a year f.e.), you can put al the pieces together and you get a great movie. It is so much fun to do, there are happening so many nice little things during the day! Here my movie of August:
Targets last month
Last month I figured it was about time to set some goals again. I started this in January already, but due to my skiing accident and everything that happened afterwards, I forget about it a little bit. So last month I kicked my own but and made a new list.
- I wanted to decide how much articles I put online every week. In August I posted not as much as I used to and that was good for now. I decided I’m going back to publishing in my old scheme: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
- Easy DIY projects: With my blog, I like to inspire people to create their own things. Problem I see now, is that it takes some skills to do the DIY-projects I publish. So I figured it would be a great idea to publish some easier DIY projects, that are accessible to everybody. Did not succeed…
- Read one book: I did! I read Harry Potter and the Cursed Child! And I absolutely loved it!
- Write about my secret project. Well, that did not happen.. Cant believe it’s been 4 weeks since I started that…
Come in September
Yes, September. It’s going to be a good month for us: my husband is celebrating his birthday (today, yay!) and my sister Astrid is getting Married! So lots of parties and cakes for us! For the blogging part I already mentioned my new old scheme, and I will work like that starting next monday.
I also set some goals for September:
- Read another book. If I want to finish the Goodreads Challenge with good result, I have to start reading a bit more. I’m on track right now, but I have to stay there!
- Share my secret project!!!
- Share more easy DIY projects. I have to make some time for this. We’ll see!
So, do you have any goals for September? And are you curious about what the weather will be like this month?